Mahalo for joining us for March for Meals!
Click here to read our blog and see photos!
Want to know more?
click to read the facts…
- Did you know 1 in 6 seniors face hunger every day?
- Hawaii has one of the fastest growing senior populations and the longest life expectancy in the nation, yet the base funding has remained flat for TWELVE YEARS since 2002, while Hawaii’s senior population has increased by 30%.
- Providing Kupuna Care Services, which enables seniors to stay in their homes and avoid costly institutionalization, can be the difference between $170 a month for home delivered meals vs. $9,034 a month for a semi-private room in a nursing facility.
- While supplemental funding is requested every year, this is not sustainable.
- Without continued support, Kupuna Care programs including Lanakila Meals on Wheels will be faced with heartbreaking waiting lists.
- March for Meals is a national campaign to help raise awareness and support for senior meal programs.
- Kupuna Care is a state-funded, county administered program that provides basic services to frail older adults who can’t live at home without assistance.