Boys & Girls Club Hawaii is participating in the Summer Food Services program which will provide meals, prepared by Lanakila Kitchen, to all children from June 10 to July 24 free of charge!
Teaching & Learning Centers
Lanakila Pacific Teaching and Learning Centers (TLC) offers adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities the opportunity to master basic life skills that are sometimes taken for granted. By focusing on each person’s individual needs, TLC provides in-house classes, community outings and recreational opportunities that help participants expand their life experiences and foster a sense of independence.
- Life Skills classes include cooking, money management/budgeting, shopping and healthy living.
- Personal Development classes include self-advocacy, public speaking, journalism and business skills.
- Community Development focuses on participation in community activities with people without disabilities. Participants join with the community in pre-existing activities such as health and fitness, arts and crafts, and volunteering.
- Prevocational Readiness develops skills necessary for participants to be successful in a work environment, such as hygiene, social skills and communication.
- Once a month, TLC offers an evening or weekend activity in the community as we recognize that our participants have interests beyond our program hours. Evening and weekend activities include local festivals, movies and theater shows.