Boys & Girls Club Hawaii is participating in the Summer Food Services program which will provide meals, prepared by Lanakila Kitchen, to all children from June 10 to July 24 free of charge!
Lanakila Pacific’s mission is to foster independence for those with challenged lives. Our Vocational Work Adjustment Training Services (VWATS) program prepares individuals who are transitioning into competitive employment. The program consists of classes, workshops and community activities in a group or one-on-one setting, based on the individual’s preference and needs.
What you’ll learn:
- Interpersonal Skills – Express yourself effectively using written, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Vocational Skills – Learn how to apply for a job, perform well and advance in your position.
- Personal Resource Management – Set up a bank account, improve your budgeting skills and manage a credit card.
- Transportation and mobility – Make use of public transportation and begin accessing your community.
- Assistive Technology – Learn basic computer skills and access disability assistive technology devices, if needed.
- Community and Social Participation – Practice your socialization and integration skills by taking part in community activities.
- Self-Care, Health and Wellness – Learn about grooming and attire, relationship boundaries, and the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
Kunani worked hard and never missed a day of training. After 6 months as a trainee, she was offered a position with Apple in July 2017. Kunani continues to work for Apple and has been offered two promotions since she began working for them.Kunani is a former Lanakila Custom Products trainee