Hui Car Share, Lanakila Meals on Wheels, and UH Manoa’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement join forces to deliver emergency food care packages for seniors and individuals with disabilities. MEALS Lanakila Meals on Wheels is providing emergency food care packages for seniors and individuals with disabilities across the island. Lanakila Meals on Wheels is the … Continued
Lanakila Pacific’s mission is to foster independence for those with challenged lives. Our Vocational Work Adjustment Training Services (VWATS) program prepares individuals who are transitioning into competitive employment. The program consists of classes, workshops and community activities in a group or one-on-one setting, based on the individual’s preference and needs.
What you’ll learn:
- Interpersonal Skills – Express yourself effectively using written, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Vocational Skills – Learn how to apply for a job, perform well and advance in your position.
- Personal Resource Management – Set up a bank account, improve your budgeting skills and manage a credit card.
- Transportation and mobility – Make use of public transportation and begin accessing your community.
- Assistive Technology – Learn basic computer skills and access disability assistive technology devices, if needed.
- Community and Social Participation – Practice your socialization and integration skills by taking part in community activities.
- Self-Care, Health and Wellness – Learn about grooming and attire, relationship boundaries, and the dangers of drugs and alcohol.