Thank you for your interest in employment with Lanakila Pacific!
Lanakila Pacific supports the hiring of individuals with cognitive, physical, social or age-related challenges. We strongly encourage individuals with challenges or disabilities to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, your resume and contact information can be faxed in to 808-533-7264, emailed to email@example.com, or dropped off at our main office located at 1809 Bachelot Street, Honolulu, HI 96817, Monday – Friday 8:00am -4:00pm.
• Manager Login •
Applications are now being accepted for the following positions:
Director of Development
Director of Development staffs and coordinates the efforts of the Foundation Board and other appropriate committees. Responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive private and public sector fund-raising program on behalf of Lanakila Pacific to enhance the mission and vision established by the Foundation Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, define and acquire funding resources available to Lanakila Pacific.
- Develop, monitor and implement comprehensive development plan that includes but is not limited to major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, corporate and service club funding, foundation support, and special events fundraising. Includes seeking new corporate, foundation and grant funding sources.
- Maintain relationships with current and past donors.
- Develop marketing strategies to present LP programs to philanthropic supporters.
- Work collaboratively with staff members to understand current and planned programs and projects and identify avenues of economic support for these.
- Identify grant opportunities and work with the various program managers and directors in pursuing appropriate opportunities.
- Plan and oversee Lanakila special event activities.
- Oversee donor tracking and compliance. Ensure timely reports and acknowledgement of donations.
- Develop and execute annual budget.
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the staff including supervision and evaluation, training and team building.
- Organize and attend departmental meetings to maintain effective communication and to obtain a comprehensive understanding of its initiatives and programs.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and laws.
- Commitment: displays passion for organization’s mission and vision.
- Initiative: ability to assess risk and lack of internal controls and independently initiate improvements to processes and procedures.
- Business orientation: ability to recognize opportunities for new services and products and to act accordingly, taking risks into account.
- Teamwork: promotes cooperation and works collaboratively within teams to achieve organization’s goals and objectives.
- Managing ambiguity: ability to work in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Industry Knowledge: is familiar with industry best practice, publications, and professional standards; adapts to new realities in the industry; understands the key needs of the industry and how it relates to Lanakila Pacific.
- Communication: ability to facilitate the transfer of information and knowledge through vocal, written, and non-verbal communication; ability to engage in active listening; ability to choose a communication behavior that is both appropriate and effective for a given situation.
- Relationship Management: ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of people; ability to demonstrate interpersonal skill to interact with external and internal customers of all levels; ability to influence, guide, and develop others.
- Critical Evaluation: ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; ability to identify strengths and weakness of staff and team members and use the information to make improvements.
- Leadership: ability to monitor/assess performance of self, other individuals, or processes and make improvements or take corrective actions as necessary; ability to use good judgment and initiative when making decisions; ability to perform under pressure and coordinate and manage support staff, resources, curricula, etc.
- Technology: ability to use various software systems, intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft office products, proficiency in standard office equipment and tools to complete job requirements, submit reports, and to eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet other needs of the organization.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of five years of progressive fundraising experience with demonstrated fundraising accomplishments.
- Supervisory experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional appearance, and ability to effectively work with diverse board members, prospective major donors, and community members.
- Highly computer literate, with some database management experience.
- Strong project management skills, coupled with attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Requires knowledge and experience in budgeting and financial management.
- Driver’s license, auto insurance, safe driving record, and access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of planned giving and its complexities (estate planning, tax laws, wills, trusts, etc.) strongly preferred but not required.
Lanakila Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our mission, we strongly encourage individuals with challenges or disabilities to apply.
Interested candidates please contact:
Kathryn K Inkinen