Boys & Girls Club Hawaii is participating in the Summer Food Services program which will provide meals, prepared by Lanakila Kitchen, to all children from June 10 to July 24 free of charge!
Get A Meal
Starting your meal service:
- Visit the City & County Aging and Disability Resource Center to see if you are eligible — Check Your Eligibility.
- Ask your health insurance provider if you qualify for meals under your plan.
- Private Pay Option. For those who do not qualify through the other options, service is available for a fee. To learn about meal plans and pricing, please call (808) 356-8519.
Active (non-homebound) kupuna may receive meals at our Kupuna Wellness Centers.
Home delivery is typically available to:
- Homebound individuals who are 60 years of age or older and unable to shop/prepare their own meals due to cognitive or physical challenges.
- Spouses if he/she is the primary caregiver and it is determined that the spouse is in need of respite.
- Non-elderly individuals with disabilities residing in the same household.
- Volunteers deliver meals Monday through Saturday between 8:30 am and 12:00 pm. The recipient must be available to accept the meals during these hours.
- Meals are provided for all holidays except on Thanksgiving and Christmas when meals are delivered that day.
- All meals are analyzed for nutritional content and meet ⅓ the U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance. Pureed, minced and chopped meals are also available.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Outreach
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Outreach is a federally-funded program administered by the State of Hawaii that helps individuals and families with low income, disabilities or public assistance have more money for food. Our outreach workers can assist you with learning about and applying for SNAP benefits.
Lanakila Meals on Wheels is approved by the USDA to accept SNAP benefits to pay for both our home delivered meal program and senior congregate dining program.
…For me, our Saturday mornings are very special…not only do we get to give back to our elderly community, we get to share our aloha with them and in turn, we get lots of aloha back. But the best part for us is that we get to spend real quality time together on our delivery route, talking about anything under the sun, while providing a service to the kupuna and putting smiles on their faces….Randi & son, Jett, Lanakila Meals on Wheels volunteers
….We have so many doctors appointments, having the meals ready to go in the microwave is great. It helps us so much because we have a lot of medical costs and we appreciate having them. I do not cook very often because I cannot stand for very long. Thank you Lanakila Meals on Wheels for allowing us to have these meals, we are very grateful…..Grace, Lanakila Meals on Wheels recipient